The centre for Development and Livelihood Enhancement (CDLE) is an independent non profit organisation based in Nigeria with a network across Africa and the United Kingdom.
The centre is dedicated to the promotion of development initiatives and intervention at all levels in Nigeria in particular and Africa in general, aimed at sustainable livelihood.
The main aim of the organisation is to reduce poverty in urban and rural livelihood using the tools of sensitization, training advocacy & research.
Our mission is pursued through:
- Delivering development activities to the vulnerable by giving them access to information, skills development and techniques needed for poverty reduction through employment creation.
- Advocating and promoting qualitative basic and higher education for all
- Research and publication on issues relating to social and economic development
- Training at various levels on issues of right based approach to development
- Promoting community cohesion before and during development intervention by stakeholders at all levels
- Promoting civic Education and enhance participatory development
- Promote and advocate for qualitative health care programmes and service delivery to the citizenry
- Carry out programmes on environmental issues like Global warming and its impacts on livelihood
The organisations policy focus and analysis covers both the mainstream and the third sector strategies in development by critically understudying:
- What is already in place?
- Who is excluded?
- What needs to be done?
- Where should it be done?
- When is improvement needed?
- How do we know when we get there?
This forms the basis of action to be taken in every circumstance.